We require your consent to collect personal information about you. This medical practice collects information from you for the primary purpose of providing quality health care. We require you to provide us with your personal details and a full medical history so that we may properly assess, diagnose, treat and be proactive in your health care needs. This means we will use the information you provide in the following ways:
- Administrative purposes in running our medical practice
- Billing purposes, including compliance with Medicare and Health Insurance Commission requirements
- Disclosure to others involved in your health care, including treating doctors and specialists outside this medical practice. This may occur through referral to other doctors, or for medical tests and in the reports or results returned to us following the referrals
- Administrative purposes in determining ultrasounds
- Disclosure to other doctors in the practice and by locums attached to the practice for the purpose of patient care and teaching. Please let us know if you do not want your records accessed for these purposes and will note your record accordingly
- Disclosure for research and quality assurance activities to improve individual and community health care and practice management. You will be informed when such activities are being conducted and given the opportunity to “opt out” of any involvement.
- Emergency situations whereby medical officers or hospitals require access to patient notes for urgent treatment purposes.